Last Modified: 5/16/2013
Beginning with VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i, the Access Protection feature can deny attempts to stop McAfee services by users or applications.
To activate the Disable On-Access Scan menu option in the VirusScan system tray icon:
- Click Start, Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Console.
- Double-click Access Protection.
- Deselect Prevent McAfee Services from being stopped.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Exit the VirusScan Console.
To verify that the On-Access Scanner can be stopped and started:
- In the system tray, right-click the VirusScan icon and select Disable On-Access Scan.
- In the system tray, right-click the VirusScan icon and select Enable On-Access Scan.
NOTE: Disabling Prevent McAfee Services from being stopped can negatively affect the security of your systems. Only use this option if it is absolutely required.
Previous Document ID
VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i
Beta Translate with
Select a desired language below to translate this page.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.