Last Modified: 8/10/2015
Most of the information in this article is available in the Product Installation Guides and Readme files. However, some of it is available only in Product Management Statements published in the Knowledge Base.
Supported operating systems
|Microsoft Windows 2003 SP2||Scan Engine only|
|Microsoft Windows 2003 R2||No|
|Microsoft Windows 2008||No|
|Microsoft Windows 2008 R2||Yes|
|Microsoft Windows 8||No|
|Microsoft Windows 2012||Yes*|
|Microsoft Windows 2012 R2||Yes*|
* This option is available with the MVM v7.5 R2 installer and by applying the latest MVM patch greater than or equal to 7.5.8.
- The MVM v7.5 R2 installer is available on the Product Downloads site - http://mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
- The latest patch update can be obtained via the FSUpdate utility or by downloading it from http://update.foundstone.com .
- For additional information including system requirements, see the Installation Guide for your version of MVM.
For a full list of product documents, go to the ServicePortal at: http://support.mcafee.com. Click Knowledge Center, and select Product Documentation from the Knowledge Base list.
|2005 SP2 and later||No|
|2005 SP4 and later||Yes|
|2008 SP1 and later||Yes|
|2008 R2 SP1 and later||Yes|
|2008 R2 Express||Yes|
- You can install SQL 2008 and SQL 2012 on an MVM appliance, with the following requirements and limitations:
- You, the customer, must install your own instance of SQL Server 2008 or 2012.
- You, the customer, are responsible for the security, configuration, and updates of your SQL Server 2008 or 2012 installation.
- Intel Security Support will not troubleshoot an SQL Server installation.
- New MVM installations on SQL 2012 will require the use of a new MVM 7.5 R2 installer, which is available from the Product Downloads site at: http://mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx. You will need a valid Grant Number for access. Existing installations must be upgraded to 7.5 Patch 7 to take advantage of SQL 2012 support.
- To determine the installed version of SQL, see Microsoft article 321185 at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321185.
|VMware ESX Server||Yes|
For additional information about supported virtual environments and virtual system requirements, see the Virtualization Guide for your version of MVM.
NOTE: MVM does not support installing the database with .NET 4.0. If you must use .NET 4.0, install the database first.
Internet Explorer (IE) 6 and earlier
Mozilla Firefox v3.6 and v4.0
Google Chrome (all versions)
Intel Security is currently evaluating support for IE9 in a future release of the product.
- When working with compatibility mode turned on, the default logon page may display a message advising you turn this feature off. This can be safely ignored.
- Enable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer for a more permanent solution.
For information on this feature and how to enable it, see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn640699.aspx.
|ePO version||MVM Version||MVM ePO extension version|
NOTE: The currently available MVM Live 1.0 extension requires ePO 5.1.1 or later.
Previous Document ID
Beta Translate with
Select a desired language below to translate this page.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.