Last Modified: 9/13/2013
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux
- Launch an Internet browser.
- Type the IP address and port number (default port is 55443) of the system running VirusScan for Linux to open the Web console.
- Type the user name and password provided during installation.
- From the links on the left side, select Scheduled Tasks.You see the Default Task titled VirusScan for Linux Update and the tasks of type Update that were created manually.
- Select an Update task and click Modify.
- Click the tab titled 2. Choose what to update and deselect Virus Scanning Engine.
- Repeat the previous steps for each Update task listed.
NOTE: Ensure that you modify all Update tasks that were not created using ePolicy Orchestrator.
- Edit the DAT and Engine Update task for Linux systems.
- Click Settings and deselect Inherit (if selected).
- Deselect Linux Engine.
- Click Ok, and then click Ok again to close the window.
- Send an Agent Wake Up Call to the client systems.
IMPORTANT: VirusScan for Linux creates a default update task named VirusScan for Linux Update that is not configurable using ePolicy Orchestrator. This task has the Virus Scanning Engine option enabled by default and you must disable it using the Web console.
VirusScan Enterprise for Linux 1.7
VirusScan Enterprise for Linux 1.6 (EOL)
Beta Translate with
Select a desired language below to translate this page.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.