Last Modified: 08/13/2012
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.x
Event id: 5004
Description: Could not contact Filter Driver. Error =0x2 : The system cannot find the file specified
If the filter driver files are not present, then uninstall and reinstall them:
- Click Start, Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- From the command prompt, navigate to: C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise.
- To uninstall the driver, type the following and press ENTER:
mfehidin -u mfeavfk.sys mfeapfk.sys mfebopk.sys mfehidk.sys mfetdik.sys
- To reinstall the driver, type the following and press ENTER:
mfehidin.exe -i mfeavfk.sys mfeapfk.sys mfebopk.sys mfehidk.sys mfetdik.sys
- From the desktop, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click Device Manager.
- Select View, Show Hidden devices.
- Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
- For every McAfee Inc. entry, right-click the entry, select Properties, and from the drop-down menu, select Enable.
- When prompted Do you want to restart your computer now? click No.
- When all McAfee Inc. entries have been processed, close the Device Manager and restart your computer.
If this does not resolve the issue, it is likely that a third-party product is present that is not compatible with VSE. Upgrade to the latest version of VSE and apply the latest patch.
McAfee product software, upgrades, maintenance releases, and documentation are available from the McAfee Downloads site at: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
NOTE: You will need a valid Grant Number for access. KB56057 provides additional information about the McAfee Downloads site, as well as alternate locations for some products.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.