Last Modified: 08/02/2012
VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i and later
Based on the environment, certain processes may need to be excluded to allow third-party applications to function properly when using port blocking rules.
- Your version of VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) already includes a number of exclusions. To ensure you take advantage of the latest default exclusions (see KB65718), upgrade to the latest version and patch for VSE.
McAfee product software, upgrades, maintenance releases, and documentation are available from the McAfee Downloads site at: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
NOTE: You will need a valid Grant Number for access. KB56057 provides additional information about the McAfee Downloads site, as well as alternate locations for some products.
- Click Start, All Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Console.
- Double-click Access Protection.
- Select the appropriate Port Blocking rule and click Edit.
Example: Anti-virus Standard Protection, Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail
- Add the appropriate process name (see list below) to the list of Excluded Processes.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that there are no spaces before or after the commas separating process names.
- Click OK until the Access Protection Properties window is closed.
- Exit VirusScan Console.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.