Last Modified: 8/2/2012
VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i and later
Based on the environment, certain processes may need to be excluded to allow third-party applications to function properly when using port blocking rules.
- Your version of VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) already includes a number of exclusions. To ensure you take advantage of the latest default exclusions (see KB65718), upgrade to the latest version and patch for VSE.
- McAfee product software, upgrades, maintenance releases, and documentation are available from the Product Downloads site at: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
NOTE: You will need a valid Grant Number for access. KB56057 provides additional information about the Product Downloads site, as well as alternate locations for some products.
- Click Start, All Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Console.
- Double-click Access Protection.
- Select the appropriate Port Blocking rule and click Edit.
Example: Anti-virus Standard Protection, Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail
- Add the appropriate process name (see list below) to the list of Excluded Processes.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that there are no spaces before or after the commas separating process names.
- Click OK until the Access Protection Properties window is closed.
- Exit VirusScan Console.
Beta Translate with
Select a desired language below to translate this page.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.