Last Modified: 05/13/2011
Microsoft Exchange 2007
Microsoft Exchange 2003
The database can be found under the following folder and generally contains items such as quarantined items:
- Click Start, Programs, McAfee, GroupShield for Exchange, GroupShield for Exchange.
- Click Settings & Diagnostics, Detected Items.
- Configure the Purge and Optimization settings to suit your environment.
- The Purge and Optimization tasks are memory intensive and may require multiple hours to complete. McAfee recommends that you schedule them to run during off hours.
- The Purge task should be configured first, then the Optimization task.
- The Purge task may require several hours to complete. Ensure that you take this into account when you configure the Optimization task.
- If possible, ensure that GroupShield is configured not to quarantine every detected item. This will prevent the Detected Items database from growing to an excessive size.
GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1 is available from the McAfee download site. This patch includes several fixes for the Postgres quarantine database. For more information on the resolved issues in this patch, see:
PD22882 - GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1 Release Notes.
McAfee product software, upgrades, maintenance releases, and documentation are available from the McAfee Downloads site at: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
NOTE: You will need a valid Grant Number for access. KB56057 provides additional information about the McAfee Downloads site, as well as alternate locations for some products.