Last Modified: 11/04/2011
Microsoft Exchange 2007
Microsoft Exchange 2003
Excessive space usage can also be caused by write-ahead transaction logs. For more information, see KB67465.
- GroupShield for Exchange 7.01 Patch 1
- GroupShield for Exchange 7.01 Patch 1 Rollup 2
Patch 1 release notes are available in PD22882.
Patch 1 Rollup 2 release notes are available in PD23410.
McAfee recommends installing GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1, Rollup 2, which does not require any previous GroupShield 7.0.1 Hotfix or Patch to be applied before installation. GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1, Rollup 2 can be install over GroupShield 7.0.1 RTW, GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1, or GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1, Rollup 1.
NOTE: GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1, Rollup 2 contains all pre-Patch 1 Hotfixes, all Patch 1 Hotfixes, all Patch 1, Rollup 1 Hotfixes, as well as several new fixes. For additional information on Patch 1, Rollup 2 see: PD23410
McAfee product software, upgrades, maintenance releases, and documentation are available from the McAfee Downloads site at: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
NOTE: You will need a valid Grant Number for access. KB56057 provides additional information about the McAfee Downloads site, as well as alternate locations for some products.
If you cannot install Patch 1 or Patch 1 Rollup 2 immediately, you can remove the excessive white space and shrink the Postgres database manually.
IMPORTANT: If you have already installed GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1, GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1 Rollup 1, or GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1 Rollup 2, the following procedure will not work - after these fixes have been put in place, use the Purge and Optimize Tasks in the GroupShield interface (under Settings & Diagnostics, Detected Items).
- The following information is intended for System Administrators. Registry modifications are irreversible and could cause system failure if done incorrectly.
- Before proceeding, McAfee strongly recommends backing up your registry and understanding the restore process. For more information, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986.
- Do not run a .REG file that is not confirmed to be a genuine registry import file.
Obtain the relevant database information from the registry
NOTE: The name of the Database and the Database User may vary depending on individual customization.
- Click Start, Run, type regedit and then click OK.
- Navigate to the following key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\McAfee\GroupShield for Exchange\Repository\Variables\DbName]
- Make a note of the Database name.
- Navigate to the following key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\McAfee\GroupShield for Exchange\Repository\Variables\DbUser]
- Make a note of the Database User.
- Close the registry editor.
Run the vacuumdb command to reduce the size of the database
- This command is case sensitive. Ensure that it is typed exactly as shown below.
- When running the command, the second argument is optional. The default action is both.
- Click Start, Run, type cmd and click OK.
- To change directories to the PostgreSQL\bin folder, type the following command and press ENTER:
cd "\Program Files\McAfee\GroupShield for Exchange\PostgreSQL\bin"
- Type the following command and press ENTER:
vacuumdb -f -U McAfeeGSEQtnDBUser mcafeegseqtndatabase
To see additional options for the vacuumdb command, type the following command and press ENTER:
- Close the command window.