Last Modified: 10/16/2014
McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 5.0.x
McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager 5.1.x
McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager 5.0.x
Date: May 31, 2011
This announcement is to inform McAfee customers using Endpoint Encryption for PC (EEPC) 5.0.x/5.1.x and Endpoint Encryption Manager (EEM) 5.0.x/5.1.x, about the End of Sale (EOS) and End of Life (EOL) policies and dates.
- On November 30th, 2011 EEPC and EEM version 5.0.x/5.1.x will reach the EOS stage. As of this date this product will not be available for purchase.
- On May 31st, 2012 EEPC and EEM version 5.0.x/5.1 will reach the EOL stage. As of this date technical support will no longer be provided for these versions by McAfee. However customers can still purchase and receive support for EEPC 5.2.x.
McAfee Policy on EOS and EOL
The McAfee current End of Life policy states that McAfee supports the current shipping version and one previous version. The last version of EEPC and EEM version 5.0.x/5.1.x was shipped on 15/05/2009.
McAfee currently has available for download multiple versions of 5.2.x that you can use to upgrade.
Customers requiring FIPS compliance
McAfee advises customers requiring FIPS-compliant products to migrate to any of the EEPC and EEM versions 5.2.x.
NOTE: FIPS compliance does not mean FIPS certified. For FIPS certified products, read the following section.
Customers requiring FIPS certification
McAfee advises customers requiring FIPS certification to migrate to EEPC and EEM version 5.2.6 (FIPS certified).
To view the EEM / EEPC 5.2.6 FIPS certificate, see the NIST website: http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/1401val2011.htm#1601
For additional information, see:
- Customer advisory on how to implement applications operating in FIPS mode, see KB71238.
- NIST information on EEPC 5.x FIPS certificates: http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/1401val2009.htm#1131
- NIST information on products that are in process: http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140InProcess.pdf
For EOL policy details, see the Enterprise Products End of Life Policy at: http://www.mcafee.com/common/media/mcafeeb2b/support/terms/Support_Policy-Product_Support_EOL.pdf.
|End of Life Period||The timeframe that runs from the day Intel Security announces product discontinuation until the last date that the product is formally supported by Intel Security. In general, after the EOL Period is announced, no enhancements are made.|
|End of Life Date||The last day that the product is supported according the terms of the Intel Security standard support offering.|
End of Life Notices
Beta Translate with
Select a desired language below to translate this page.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.