Last Modified: 08/17/2011
Microsoft Server 2008 with IIS 7.0
This issue is being evaluated for consideration in a future release or patched version of the product. If this issue significantly impacts your business operations, contact McAfee Technical Support and quote this article number to help us assess the need for a Product Enhancement Request (PER).
This article will be updated as newer information becomes available.
If you require a change to this functionality in a future version of the product, you can submit a Product Enhancement Request (PER) by logging in at: https://mcafee.acceptondemand.com/.
To register as a new user, click McAfee Customers Register Here at the top of the page. For additional information, see KB60021.
- Click Start, Run, type explorer and click OK.
- Navigate to: %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config
- Open the file applicationHost.config as Administrator for editing in Notepad.
- Edit the <globalModules> section and remove the following line:
<add name="MfeEngine" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\HipIISEngineStub.dll" />
- Edit the <modules> section and remove the following line:
<add name="MfeEngine" />
- After you have finished editing the applicationHost.config file, save the file, then restart the IIS server using iisreset or by restarting the system.