Last Modified: 6/29/2016
VSE 8.8 Patch 2 Hotfix 846582 adds support for a Delayed Write Scan mode of operation that delays all scans of modified files to lower priority background threads.
The Delayed Write Scan setting is disabled by default and you can enable it with Hotfix 846582.
- To maintain security when enabling this mode, ensure the Scan on Read setting is enabled. Additionally, removable media and network file share write operations will still be scanned immediately on Close.
- Although this release has been thoroughly tested, Intel Security strongly recommends that you verify this update in test and pilot groups prior to mass deployment.
- This release was developed for use with VSE 8.8 Patch 2
- Supported minimum versions:
- Scan Engine: 5800
- Detection Definitions (DAT): 6809+
- McAfee Agent: 4.8 and 5.x
- This release supports the following ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO) versions:
- ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1 and later
Hotfix Resolved Issues:
|Hotfix Details||Hotfix resolved issue|
Released: March 28, 2013
Issue: Hotfix 719860 failed to report successful installs to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) due to improper data in the registry key.
Why install this hotfix?
The purpose of the hotfix is to create a smoother handling of Write Scan operations. Sometimes VSE can have conflicts with third-party applications, because VSE is scanning the file while the third-party applications want to change it again.
This is an optional hotfix, but recommended and possibly critical if you are facing a compatibility or performance issue due to write scanning.
NOTE: VSE 8.8 Patch 7 provides support for all supported Windows operating systems.
143K • < 1 minute @ 56k, < 1 minute @ broadband
Beta Translate with
Select a desired language below to translate this page.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.