Last Modified: 6/25/2013
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 2 Hotfix 719680
NOTE: VSE 8.8 Patch 2 Hotfix 719860 has been superseded by VSE 8.8 Patch 2 Hotfix 846582, which is now attached to this article in VSE880HF846582.zip.
VSE 8.8 Patch 2 Hotfix 846582 adds support for a Delayed Write Scan mode of operation that delays all scans of modified files to lower priority background threads.
The Delayed Write Scan setting is disabled by default and you can enable it with Hotfix 846582.
- To maintain security when enabling this mode, ensure the Scan on Read setting is enabled. Additionally, removable media and network file share write operations will still be scanned immediately on Close.
- Although this release has been thoroughly tested, McAfee strongly recommends that you verify this update in test and pilot groups prior to mass deployment.
- This release was developed for use with VSE 8.8 Patch 2
- Supported minimum versions:
- Scan Engine: 5400
- Detection Definitions (DAT): 6809+
- McAfee Agent: 18.104.22.1680 or 22.214.171.1242 and later
- This release supports the following ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO) versions:
- ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0
- ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6 (1089) and later
- ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.6 (137) and later
Hotfix Resolved Issues:
|Hotfix Details||Hotfix resolved issue|
Released: March 28, 2013
Issue: Hotfix 719860 failed to report successful installs to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) due to improper data in the registry key.
Released: September 4, 2012
Issue: Processes that write data to the disk frequently or write a lot of data in a short amount of time can encounter poor performance from scanning.
Resolution: This hotfix adds the following entries to the registry and sets the Value data to 1:
Why install this hotfix?
The purpose of the hotfix is to create a smoother handling of Write Scan operations. Sometimes VSE can have conflicts with third-party applications, because VSE is scanning the file while the third-party applications want to change it again.
This is an optional hotfix, but recommended and possibly critical if you are facing a compatibility or performance issue due to write scanning.
143K • < 1 minute @ 56k, < 1 minute @ broadband
Beta Translate with
Select a desired language below to translate this page.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.