Last Modified: 05/17/2013
Package Date: February 4, 2013
McAfee considers this release High Priority for all environments. Failure to apply a High Priority update might result in potential business impact. See KB51560 for information on ratings.
NOTE: This hotfix is obtained by having your case escalated to Tier III Technical Support referencing this article number.
The following issue has been fixed in this release:
Issue: System bugcheck D1 in mfefirek.sys when using Host IPS 8.0 Patch 2 and certain VPN clients.
Resolution: Certain VPN clients exposed a compatibility issue between Microsoft’s WFP framework and the McAfee WFP driver. McAfee has implemented a workaround in the WFP driver that resolves the issue.
- [INSTALLDIR]\VSCore\release\* [Minus HipShieldK.*, FireNfcp.*]
- [INSTALLDIR]\VSCore\x64\* [Minus FireNfcp.*]
- Log in to the McAfee ServicePortal at http://mysupport.mcafee.com.
NOTE: See KB54031 for information on ServicePortal registration.
- Click Download Software Updates under Self Service.
- Locate and download Host IPS 8.0.0 Hotfix 833271.
Host IPS 8.0.0 Hotfix 833271 updates Host IPS Client 8.0.0 (RTW) or Patch 1 systems only.
This hotfix includes the fix to a problem that was introduced in Patch 2. See KB76593 for more information.
NOTE: This hotfix should be applied to systems before the upgrade to Patch 2 to prevent the issue from occurring.
Host IPS 8.0.0 Hotfix 833271 installation does not require a restart, but might cause a brief interruption in network traffic. See KB59945 for the most current information.
To install using ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO):
- Add the hotfix package to the ePO Repository.
- Deploy using an ePO Agent Update Task.
- Disable Host IPS protection with an ePO policy or in the local client UI. See KB58629 for instructions to manually disable Host IPS protection.
- Run McAfeeHIP_ClientHotfix_833271.exe.
- Enable Host IPS protection.
4K • < 1 minute @ 56k, < 1 minute @ broadband
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.