Last Modified: 12/18/2015
Intel Security announces End of Sale (EOS) and End of Life (EOL) for Endpoint Encryption for PC (EEPC) 5.2.x.
End of Sale and End Of Life of EEPC5.2.13, 5.2.12, and 5.2.6 (Posted: November 5, 2014)
- On December 31, 2014, EEPC 5.2.13, 5.2.12, and 5.2.6 will reach the EOS stage. As of this date, this product will not be available for purchase.
- On June 30, 2016, EEPC 5.2.13, 5.2.12, and 5.2.6 will reach the EOL stage. As of this date, Intel Security will no longer provide technical support for these versions.
- On March 31, 2013, EEPC 5.2.0 - 5.2.5 and 5.2.8 - 5.2.11 will reach the EOS stage. As of this date, this product will not be available for purchase.
- On March 31, 2014, EEPC 5.2.0 - 5.2.5 and 5.2.8 - 5.2.11 will reach the EOL stage. As of this date, Intel Security will no longer provide technical support for these versions. However, customers can still purchase and receive support for EEPC 5.2.6, 5.2.12, and later releases.
Migrating to ePO management and DE 7.1.x / EEPC 7.0.x
EEPC 5.2.1 and later can migrate directly to EEPC 7.0 and ePO management. As of the release of McAfee Drive Encryption (MDE) 7.1, the only legacy EEPC versions that will be supported for a direct migration will be EEPC 5.2.6 or 5.2.12 and later.
Customers requiring FIPS compliance
Intel Security advises customers who require FIPS-compliant products to migrate to DE 7.1.1.
NOTE: FIPS compliance does not mean FIPS-certified. For FIPS-certified products, read the following section.
Customers requiring FIPS certification
Intel Security advises customers who require FIPS certification to migrate to DE 7.1.1, which incorporates the McAfee Core Cryptographic Module (kernel) and McAfee Core Cryptographic Module (user) that have completed the FIPS 140-2 validation process. To view the corresponding McAfee Core Cryptographic Module (MCCM) certificates, refer to the NIST website:
- For EOL and EOS of Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders (EEFF) 3.2.0 - 3.2.7, see KB78001.
- For EOL and EOS of EEFF 3.2.9, see KB79593.
- For EOL and EOS of EEPC 6.0.x, see KB75319.
For EOL policy details, see the Enterprise Products End of Life Policy at: http://www.mcafee.com/common/media/mcafeeb2b/support/terms/Support_Policy-Product_Support_EOL.pdf.
|End of Life Period||The timeframe that runs from the day Intel Security announces product discontinuation until the last date that the product is formally supported by Intel Security. In general, after the EOL Period is announced, no enhancements are made.|
|End of Life Date||The last day that the product is supported according the terms of the Intel Security standard support offering.|
End of Life Notices
Endpoint Encryption for PC 184.108.40.206
Endpoint Encryption for PC 5.2.13
Endpoint Encryption for PC 5.2.12
Beta Translate with
Select a desired language below to translate this page.
Glossary of Technical Terms
Please take a moment to browse our Glossary of Technical Terms.