Last Modified: 09/24/2013
This support statement is provided by the McAfee Product Management Team.
McAfee announces End of Sale (EOS) and End of Life (EOL) for Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders (EEFF) 3.2.0 to 3.2.7.
End of Sale and End of Life
- On March 31, 2013, EEFF 3.2.0 to 3.2.7 will reach the EOS stage. As of this date this product will not be available for purchase.
- On March 31, 2014, EEFF 3.2.0 to 3.2.7 will reach the EOL stage. As of this date McAfee will no longer provide technical support for these versions. However customers can still purchase and receive support for EEFF 3.2.9 and later releases.
- You can upgrade to the legacy EEFF 3.2.9 release to continue to receive support. You can also migrate to EEFF 4.x and and manage the product through ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO).
- Before year-end 2013, there will be an EOS/EOL announcement for all remaining legacy EEFF 3.2 releases.
- EOL and EOS of EEM 5.2.0 - 5.2.11, see KB78000.
- EOL and EOS of EEPC and EEM 5.1.x/5.0.x, see KB72042.
|End of Support (EOS) Notification||
|End of Life (EOL) Period||The EOL Period refers to the timeframe beginning with the day that McAfee notifies its intentions to discontinue a product until the last date that the product is formally supported. In general, after the EOL Period is announced, product enhancements are not made.|
|End of Support||The last day that the product is supported according the terms of McAfee’s standard support offering.|