Last Modified: 03/26/2014
McAfee has extended the End of Life (EOL) dates for Endpoint Encryption for PC (EEPC) 6.1.x and 6.2.x. The revised EOL dates are:
- On June 30, 2014, EEPC 6.1.x will reach the EOL stage.
- On September 30, 2014, EEPC 6.2.x will reach the EOL stage.
- As of these dates McAfee will no longer provide technical support for these versions
McAfee will provide best effort conditional support during this extended EOL period with the following caveats:
- No patches or hotfixes for either EEPC 6.1.x or 6.2.x will be provided.
- Defects reported will be considered only for a future release/patch/hotfix, and customers might have to upgrade to a later version for resolution.
NOTE: McAfee had originally announced the EOL dates as below:
- On March 31, 2014, EEPC 6.1.x and 6.2.x will reach the EOL stage.
NOTE: EEPC 6.0.x reached EOL on December 31, 2012. For details, see KB75319.
IMPORTANT: For details about the supported migration paths, see the Drive Encryption 7.1 supported environments article KB79422 and the FAQs article KB79784.
Customers requiring FIPS certification
McAfee advises customers who require FIPS certification to upgrade to EEPC 7.0.
The ePO-managed versions of EEPC (6.x and 7.x) certify a cryptographic module and not the specific product version. When the product is installed in FIPS mode, it will install the FIPS certified binaries of the cryptographic module. This ensures that you can upgrade the version of EEPC and still remain in a FIPS certified mode.
To view the EEPC 7.0 FIPS certificate, see the NIST website:
NOTE: Installing EEPC 7.0 in FIPS mode will install the FIPS certified binaries from 6.1.3.
|End of Support (EOS) Notification||
|End of Life (EOL) Period||The EOL Period refers to the timeframe beginning with the day that McAfee notifies its intentions to discontinue a product until the last date that the product is formally supported. In general, after the EOL Period is announced, product enhancements are not made.|
|End of Support||The last day that the product is supported according the terms of McAfee’s standard support offering.|