Last Modified: 06/03/2013
Release date: February 11, 2013
IMPORTANT: Although this release has been thoroughly tested, McAfee strongly recommends that you verify this update in test and pilot groups prior to mass deployment. Please review the Improvements, Known issues, and Resolved issues sections below for additional information.
VSE 8.8 Patch 2 Hotfix 805660 resolves the following Issue:
|Reference Number||Related Article||Resolved Issue Description|
||Issue: A vulnerability allowed for unauthorized privilege escalation by an authenticated user.
Resolution: This update resolves the vulnerability. For the most recent information, see Security Bulletin SB10034.
- VSE 8.8 Patch 2 Hotfix 805660 is available from the McAfee Downloads site.
- Release Notes are also attached to this article.
- This release was developed for use with VSE 8.8.0 Patch 2.
- Rating: This release is considered a High Priority rating. McAfee recommends this release for all environments. For information on ratings, see KB51560. Failure to apply a High Priority update may result in potential business impact.
- This hotfix will be included in VSE 8.8 Patch 4 (release schedule still to be determined). This article will be updated when this is posted to the McAfee Downloads site.
- Supported minimum versions:
- Scan Engine: 5400
- Detection Definitions (DAT): 6900+
- McAfee Agent: 220.127.116.110 or 18.104.22.1682
To obtain VSE 8.8 Patch 2 Hotfix 805660:
Go to the McAfee Downloads site and download the applicable product patch/hotfix file:
- Open a web browser and navigate to: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads.
- Provide your valid McAfee grant number.
- Click your product suite.
- Click the applicable product (see table below) and click I Agree.
- Click the Patches tab or click the link to download the product .ZIP file under Download on the Software Downloads screen:
8K • < 1 minute @ 56k, < 1 minute @ broadband